Darren Sellers

Default Smartheat Economy7 Control System

Yep the system is Electratech, and my apartment block is about that
old, I've seen Electratech wrote on the curcuit breaker for it. I
don't suppose if you know if the control modules on all the storage
heaters are compatiable with X10 powerline control. Just a thought !

Also if you know anything about it, how on earth did the control
system get programmed with all the room names, such as bedroom 2,
dishwasher etc ? Is there a secret menu you can get into on the
control unit ? I don't suppose you even know how the dip switch
settings on the control modules work, it doesn't look like binary
maths to me.

Also the control system controls more than economy 7 systems, it also
controls standard panel heaters and dishwasher & washing machine, so
thought it would be good to add the heated towell rail if possible.

Thanks for all your help

Colin Wilson wrote in message et...
I live in an apartment block that uses Economy7 cheap rate electricity
to charge my storage heaters up, the system works greatm, however the
control system is a mystery.

Is the apartment block about 15 years old ?

Any ideas if it was also known as "Electratech" ?

IIRC that specific system* is no longer available (I think the company
went bust) and I don`t think there are any direct replacements available
- if its the same system, getting parts for it might be well nigh
impossible...

* I used to work with someone who wrote the manual for it - apparently
one of the reset options required opening it up while still on supply and
*carefully* shorting out some terminals...