Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default shower tile grout cracking on floor

"k" wrote in message
I have a shower and the grout on the floor has hair line cracks in
it. The shower wall is fine, no problems. Upon looking closely at
the grout I found that there are holes through out it. The holes
don't seem too deep, the don't seem to be all the way through it more
like bubbles in the grout at the time of the application.

Can I simply just cut out the grout from the hair line cracks or
should I try to cut all of the grout from the shower base?
Can I spread grout across all of the tiles even ones that I didn't cut
the grout from? Will it bond?

If this is a quality shower, it may have a waterproof membrane under the
tiles. This could be damaged if you dig the grout out too deep or too
vigorously and cause leaks. If it is a builders special, there could be
anything under the tiles, probably water saturated concrete over a vinyl
waterproof sheet.