Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Waffle iron light.

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in news:hi3dj1$1cp$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

You can't do it in one sitting, as the lye starts to attack your fingers

Use gloves! (and safety glasses! because lye and other bases will
diffuse into tissues and can continue to cause damage, even if you
rinse the exposed area with water (and you SHOULD flush exposed
tissue with PLENTY of water).

Oh my God! My fingers are starting to fall off! ARRRGGGHHH!

In college chem lab I spilled a lot of NaOH on my right hand. The skin
became all rubbery, even after I poured a lot of hydrochloric acid on it.
There was no permanent damage.

Non the less, the advice to use gloves and safety glasses is good advice.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.