Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G. Denis G. is offline

Default Pinch valve nomenclature

On Jan 8, 12:58*pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
What's the proper technical name for the rubber pinch valves and needles
such as are used on basketballs? *Someone is advocating using this
principle for carbonator caps, instead of ball-lock or other quick-connect
fittings, and I'm not sure what to call it.

It's mentioned in several patents, but I don't see an accepted
technical name:
http://www.google.com/patents?q=bask...eedle+inflator
Maybe it's in some specification for manufacturing them.
"Basketball-type needle inflator valve" would be the best description
I could give, but maybe someone else can do better.