Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

chris French wrote:
In message , Dave
writes
Roger Mills wrote:
Dave wrote:

I have to travel from Preston Lancs. to Portsmouth to bring my wife
back home. I have until Friday night to get her back.

Due to the severe weather we are experiencing and the short time I
have to prepare, can anyone recommend a web site that will be up to
date, quite quickly, on road conditions and closures due to the
weather conditions please?

Dave
No, but have considered getting her to travel back by train to save
the double road journey in potentially difficult conditions?

I reckon that a ticket on the day will cost well in excess of £200-00.

As has been pointed out, no it won't - unless she has to travel in the
more expensive times of the day. She could have had a walk on return
fare for less than the price of the petrol for the double trip (assuming
you took her down)

Come later in the month, I will get myself armed up with all the info
about trains.

I Can't see her paying that, as she thinks of me as a free lift back.

Ask her to fill up the tank before driving back ? :-)

I would expect a blood bath, mine :-(

Dave the mug.

No comment :-)

I can't blame you. If you had commented and she had read it, I would be
in a blood bath.

Dave