Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default 38,88 Cubic Inches

"Leon" wrote in message
Yup, lots of storage. I spent the day assembling the 18 drawers today.
These drawers will have the Arts and Crafts false fronts attached and will
go under our bed, part of the Tower Bedroom Project. I seemed to have had
a pretty good routine going and I decided to time myself after the 8th
drawer and I was not rushing in any way.
#9, 6 min 13 sec.
#10 6 min 10 sec
#11 6 min 5 sec

And I still don't know what happened on #12, 5 min 36 sec. I gave it a
thorough inspection to make sure that I had not left out any brads.

Any way they are constructed from 1/2" Baltic birch and 1/4" birch
plywood for the bottoms. Rabbet corner joints, glued, clamped, and
braded. Bottoms were dadoed-in about 3/8" from the bottom. Approximately
5" deep inside, 18" side inside and 24" deep inside.

One too many to stack in my shop. ;~)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4254670705/

Good thing that these drawers fit under the bed. Otherwise, you wouldn't
have room to fit them in the bedroom!

Looks good. We all know how excited women get with new drawer or closet
space. How is she dealing with the anticipated new drawer capacity?