Posted to alt.home.repair
Twayne[_3_] Twayne[_3_] is offline

Default Electrical help needed - valve actuators.

In ,
typed:
On Jan 6, 11:04 am, "Bill" wrote:
You are getting voltage "backfed" from a wire on one actuator to the
wire on the other actuator.

The wires need to be isolated per the directions.

You can use relays for this at the actuators and not need to run any
more wires.

Power one relay and they go one direction. Power the other relay and
they go the other direction. You could use 24 volts AC (VAC) relays
which are DPST (Double Pole Single Throw).

Search google.com for the words...

How relays work

...and there will be many different pages explaining the basics of
relays.

And search for relays (contactor same thing with mounting
brackets)... 24 ac contactor dpst

Thanks. I have some relays on hand already. Or maybe I'll just end
up running the extra wires as I also have a DP switch I can use.

The switch should be break before make, remember. Make before break will
still cause problems down the road.

Live in the moment;
be open to the possibilities
that life has to offer.