Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Brown[_2_] Doug Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Construction of sprung dance floor?

"RickH" wrote in message
On Jan 1, 9:30 am, Hell Toupee wrote:
RickH wrote:
Does anyone here have any knowledge on how the amazing dance floors of
early the 1920's were constructed? In terms of the under structure?
Possibly any old-timers who installed basketball courts in the 1950's,
might be similar?

The ballroom may still have the original blueprints and construction
paperwork from when it was built. If they don't, I'd next recommend
contacting a research library or historical society in your area. A
lot of times they have archives containing blueprints and articles
about buildings constructed in the surrounding areas. Architects often
donate their blueprints and notes to the local research library or
historical society when they retire.

Both the research library and historical society in my area have such
information available on one heck of a lot of the old buildings in
this state - not just commercial buildings, but a good many of the
private homes, too. It's always worth checking such resources if
you're renovating an old building or looking for information on how to
replicate something.

Great idea, sounds like something I'd actually enjoy doing.

If you are interested in this sort of thing it might pay you to check out
this link: http://www.danceland.ca/

Not sure if I'd cann this a "sprung" floor but it's built on horsehair.