Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Q from The Joint Book by Terrie Noll

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

SNIP

The one cut where it's safe to work with the fence and miter gage at the
same time cutting a rabbet in one pass where there is no stock between the
blade and the fence. One can stretch that a tiny bit if the piece between
blade and fence is thin enough to reliably break off rather than tossing
the
whole lump of stock at you.

Yeah, that was what I was saying. The stock can touch the fence and the
miter gauge and in one pass create a rabbit with no danger of anything
getting caught between the blade and the fence. If you need a rabbet that
is longer than the thickness of the dado set you simply start with the stock
being cut at the end and work your way towards the fence. I was simply
pointing out that it is not always trouble as you had inferred for the stock
to touch the miter gauge and the fence. And you basically repeated my
comment in the above paragraph.