Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi Robert Bonomi is offline

Default O/T: Web Design

In article ,
GarageWoodworks wrote:
On Jan 5, 6:53*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "Lew Hodgett"

wrote:
Just curious, any of you web design gurus have any comments about
below?

http://tinyurl.com/y95348s

Have some of their utilities that I have found helpful for me.

I'd be a little leary about taking web site design advice from an outfit that
can't even design its *own* pages properly -- running that URL through the
HTML validator athttp://validator.w3.orgshows 139 errors and 55 warnings.

The 'validator' you reference is either way too picky or validating
incorrectly.

Wrong. They validate _exactly_ to the standards. They are the people who
*make* the standards.

Microsoft.com (http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx) has 395
Errors, 34 warning(s)

That's _no_ surprise. Microsoft can't do _anything_ "according to accepted
standards." "Enhance and extend" is a corporate *requirement*.

There's more than a little truth in the old joke: "Microsoft buys Electo-Lux;
makes extensive product design changes. Now they have a product that _doesn't_
suck!"