Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default TV problem

On Jan 7, 6:10*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
...The old
Alliance U98 or U100 rotors have a dial that could be rotated. *The CDR
AR22 did the same thing.

The stop on my AR-22 is due west.

It was in a basket of dead rotators and control boxes I bought at a
ham flea market around 1985. All it needed was a new motor capacitor
and some scrubbing of the contact disks. I picked up the antennas
about the same time and have been cleaning and patching them every few
years, and slowly converting them to home-made. They are much easier
to scrub clean with removeable screwed connections instead of the
original rivets. OX-GARD ("monkey snot") protects the contacts and F
connectors for several years.

The next project will be a new UHF dipole tuned to the highest local
station, using a plastic project box for the center insulator. The box
will protect the balun from the weather. I'd love to have a spectrum
or network analyzer to tune it and check the cables but everyone who
has one for sale unfortunately knows what it's worth.

I disposed of several million worth of HP 8753C's etc at MITRE, all
Air Force property that I couldn't bid on. Likewise I got rid of a 13"
South Bend I really wanted to take home but couldn't.

jsw