Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Steve Firth wrote:
Dave wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
snip

More point to all the people who flagged me down and earnestly told me I
would "never get that big thing up/down that hill" every one of them was
wrong.

I'll bet it had Rover somewhere in its name :-)

Umm no, it's a Ford. And it's not a tractor. My tractor doesn't have
wheels.

Well, what can I say, but good for Ford :-)

For the first time ever, I got snow bound in the car park provided for
our daughters house. It took a fair bit of rocking and pushing to get it
out. Snow down there came quite thick, but I suspect that it thawed
somewhat and re-froze again. Until this point, I hadn't walked on the
local snow, so I didn't know the nature of it. Had I had done so, I
would have used the old trick of driving too far and reversing back to
give me a run into the rutted snow. Earlier I tried parking in the layby
in front of the house, but could not get my wheels to go over the 6 inch
ruts left by other cars, again because of frozen snow.

All's well, I'm back home now :-)

To similar conditions. :-(

Dave