Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much are you spending on heating per day during this cold spell?

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:14:26 +0000, Terry Fields wrote:

I'd stifle in those sort of temps. 18.5 during the day and 20 in

the
evenings here. What saving to they reckon for each degree

reduction
in room temp?

I've no idea, but one thing I've noticed is those who don't have much
red meat in their diet (like us) need more heating to keep warm (or
feel the cold much more).

Can't honestly remember the last time I had any red meat, stopped
eating it in 1993 after a 3 month backpacking trip around the world
spending 6 weeks in China, meat didn't really feature in the street
food. I did have some fish a year or so back when I was hungry and
could only find a chippy.

--
Cheers
Dave.