Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Master Betty Master Betty is offline

Default Suggestion to pump gasoline from one car to another in a garage

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Master Betty wrote:
"William Brammer" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 09:27:01 -0500, Van Chocstraw wrote:

Any suggestions for a good pump for gasoline?

You already have a fuel pump in your tank. Tap the fuel rail on the
engine. There is usually a drain tap there.

There's a "drain" tap on the fuel injection rail? (or are you joking?)

If you're not joking, I'll have to look.

If a fuel rail tap exists, maybe it's threaded for nice secure
connections.

I thought you were joking. Do you really think it's worth buying a pump or
taking any chances? How many miles do you and your wife drive? This sounds
more like a domestic argument that got out-of-hand.

I have in fact used a line from the fuel rail to fill a generator fuel
tank from a car in an emergency situation. You can do it. It's not
something
I'd want to do except in an emergency, though.

The thing is, though... you have a social problem. Technical solutions
don't solve social problems, and attempts to solve social problems with
technical solutions result only in disaster and angry wives.
--scott

And to top it off he's talking about 20 cents a gallon.

Sometimes I shake my head and wonder why my wife does things but I remind
myself that she's as smart or smarter than I am and she has her reasons. If
I was concerned about the 20 cents I'd ask why she doesn't look around. Then
I'd just accept the explanation. Even if it's just "I don't want to."