Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Rust stain on tile

On Jan 6, 12:59*pm, Jo Ann wrote:
I got a new clothes washer yesterday (sweet!) and on taking the old
one out, found one of the leveling legs had rusted and left a very
noticeable stain on the tile. *The tile is a matte finish, generally
cleans up pretty well. *I've tried a couple of so-called rust remover
products (nothing specific to tile), which have helped, but there's
still a distinct round, rusty circle on my off-white tile (don't get
me started on keeping off-white tile clean in general in a utility
room, don't know what the previous owners were thinking). *The new
washer has a different footprint from the old one, so the stain is
right out there to be seen.

Any advice?

Jo Ann

Not directly pertinent to your question, but if your laundry room is a
basement or otherwise damp, I would get some anti-seize paste
(available at any auto parts store) and remove each leveling foot,
smear a little anti-sleaze on the threads, reinstall, relevel. I got
a used washer from a friend that was in excellent condition save that
it had been in the same place for years, when I went to level it for
my laundry room, I had to heat up the feet with a torch to remove
them, clean up on wire wheel, retap threaded holes, then finally
reinstall before I could level it.

If you don't keep appliances for ~20 years this is likely not an issue
for you, but I'm a cheap b*****d.

nate