Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default Suggestion to pump gasoline from one car to another in a garage

NYS also has the gascans with spring loaded vapor trapping
spout. I usually screw the spout off, and pour through a
funnel.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank" wrote in message
On 1/7/2010 8:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Most cars, now days, have baffles and such to prevent
siphons. I'd suggest to keep a 5 gal gascan in your trunk,
and fill it when you fill. Pour that gasoline into her
tank
when you have a moment. That will take some of the strain
off her fuel bill.

I'll add a couple of more comments.
The new gasoline containers regulated here in DE are a real
PITA - slow
to pour and often spill the gas they were meant to store
without fumes
or spillage.
And, running around town to buy the cheapest gas is often
not cost
effective. You may save a nickle a gallon but burn a gallon
going out
of your way.