Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Like Craftsman

I went back and looked at the signature on the last page of the Vol 1
issue and if you look at the 'e' at the end of Stickley and look at
the end of the Gustav-e signature it is clearly, nearly exactly, the
same. So in 1901 he was signing it with an e.

I suppose he could have dropped it later for some reason.

On Jan 7, 8:11*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 19:43:58 -0800 (PST), the infamous
"SonomaProducts.com" scrawled the following:

Ahhh you fell into my trap. It was a legite post but just this last
week I was reading "The Craftsman" the afformentioned Mr. Stickley's
publication. Yes, I too have seen it "Gustav" for all these many
years. However, on the front cover of Vol. 1 No. 1 it has a copyright
notice at the bottom of the cover where it says "Copyright Gustave
Stickley". Also on the last page it has his signature near his compass
logo and it too clearly has an "e"

1904 is the earliest I could find online, and it says Copyright by
Gustav Stickley. *http://fwd4.me/AWT

Oh, wait a minute, I found it. *You're right, that's what it says, but
I'll bet it was a misprint and they shot the typographer for it.http://fwd4.me/AWW*I haven't found the E anywhere else I've ever
seen. *Have you?

--
We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession
with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution