Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power Cuts?

In article ,
Old Git writes:
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:40:48 +0000, MM wrote:

Up here in rural Lincolnshire (Fens) we get power cuts frequently.
That's why I bought a UPS several years ago and it's tripped numerous
times, often for literally only a few seconds.

Yes, no matter what the weather. When we lived in the South Holland
area, cuts were an almost daily occurance. As you say, often only for
a second or two but enough to be a buggerance, can't count the number
of bread loaves ruined through the breadmaker resetting. At least it
reinforced the tenet of saving your work on the computer at regular
intervals.

My Panasonic will survive (IIRC) a 10 minute power cut before
it forgets what it was doing and resets. It warns you if there's
been a power cut during the cycle (flashing power light IIRC).

--
Andrew Gabriel