Posted to uk.d-i-y
Old Git[_2_] Old Git[_2_] is offline

Default Power Cuts?

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:40:48 +0000, MM wrote:

Up here in rural Lincolnshire (Fens) we get power cuts frequently.
That's why I bought a UPS several years ago and it's tripped numerous
times, often for literally only a few seconds.

Yes, no matter what the weather. When we lived in the South Holland
area, cuts were an almost daily occurance. As you say, often only for
a second or two but enough to be a buggerance, can't count the number
of bread loaves ruined through the breadmaker resetting. At least it
reinforced the tenet of saving your work on the computer at regular
intervals.