Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Wireless networking - any experts out there ?

MM :
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:36:21 +0000, Mike Barnes
wrote:

MM :
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:26:20 -0000, "Clive George"
wrote:
Wireless isn't
difficult. Remember, you're the one not using it - I'm using it entirely
happily.

Of COURSE it's more difficult than wired! You have to consider all the
security implications for a start. With wired, you connect the cable
and... well, that's it! Done!

I find it hard to believe that this needs pointing out, but apparently
it does, so here goes... You're neglecting the obvious, which is that
*routing* that wire in a household-friendly way is often far from easy.

'Course it's easy! How is your house supplied with electricity and
water? Cables and pipes.

Those cables and pipes were either installed when the house was built,
or installed later with a great deal of mess and inconvenience. I don't
see how that supports your idea that retrofitting network wiring is a
trivial matter.

I find it hard to believe that this needs pointing out, but apparently
it does, so here goes... The point of trolling is to make *other* people
look stupid.

--
Mike Barnes