Posted to rec.woodworking
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default Table Saws and Electric Garage Door Opener

On Jan 6, 7:34*pm, "Bill" wrote:
Thank you all for kindly reassuring me about my excess concern over the
garage door opener!

How well should I expect my Craftsman ShopVac (6.5 Peak HP, 16 gal.)
attached directly to the TS to work for DC, compared to a "real" DC? * It
seems pretty powerful (it made easy work of cleaning the gutters on my
house).

I anticipate the TS will be a Grizzly 3HP G-1023 or G-0690.

Thank you,
Bill

I use a shop vac on my tablesaw and it works fairly well. I have a
contractor saw with a zero clearance plate and a closed off back end.
In order for it to work for more than a few minutes you need a cyclone
in between otherwise the filter clogs in no time. You can easily make
your own or just buy a cyclone lid.
http://www.woodworking.org/WC/GArchi...7drewdust.html

I know it is not a true cyclone but it keeps all than big stuff from
getting to the vac and a surprising amount of dust.