Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Wireless networking - any experts out there ?

"MM" wrote in message
news
In many cases it's not more hassle

"many" is not "all", is it? Therefore, it is more hassle than wired. I
can't understand why you will not acknowledge this.

Whereas I'm wondering why you're struggling quite so much with the idea that
supplying a wireless router by default makes sense for the majority of
people, and thus makes commercial sense for ISPs.

Well, I present far less of a target with my wired network and that's
the way it's gonna stay.

You're missing the point that you're a special snowflake. Yes, your needs
are a bit different from the mainstream. Acknowledge that, accept that as a
result you may not be using the default package mainstream providers give
you, move on.