Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Wireless networking - any experts out there ?

"MM" wrote in message

Um, I'm not the one trying to make things difficult. Wireless isn't
difficult. Remember, you're the one not using it - I'm using it entirely
happily.

Of COURSE it's more difficult than wired! You have to consider all the
security implications for a start. With wired, you connect the cable
and... well, that's it! Done!

How much work do you think there is to "consider" the security implications?
IME the routers supplied by ISPs come with WPA turned on. One of them you
have to press a button to allow the computer to connect as well. The
password is written either on the box or a little piece of paper. It really
isn't hard at all - and in many cases, easier than running a cable.