Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Refrigerator siting outside

ransley wrote in news:0e517a4e-433b-4db3-ad49-
:

I have a refrigerator that has been uncovered outside in rain and snow
for a month and its about 20 out now, I brought it inside where its
warm and wonder how long it should sit and dry out, would 24 hours be
enough.

Never really know until it's plugged in unfortunately. For all you know, if
water wasn't splashing near the electrical parts and not sitting in a
couple of inches of it, it may be fine as is. If you're not desperate to
use it why not just leave it for a week.

If the motor/compressor area is accessable, maybe putting a hair dryer
under there for a while would reduce the chances of Ka-boom.

How about plugging it into a GFCI outlet for a bit. If something is goofy,
GFCI can kill the power a lot faster than you can.

Just random thoughts.