Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default temperature sensors

Sam Takoy wrote in -
september.org:

Hi,

I'm on a quest against my ugly thermostat that controls heat and A/C. Is
there a solution that includes an elegant temperature sensor that sends
the information to the thermostat that's hidden in a closet?

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

I suppose you could modify a digital thermostat;
unsolder the thermistor temp sensor and splice in extension wiring,install
the thermostat in your closet and run the thermistor wiring to where you
want to sense the room temp. I don't think yo want to use more than [SWAG]
10 feet of extension wire,or you'd pick up noise.
The thermistor is a tiny little bead with two wires coning out of it,about
2mm in diameter.You could hide that almost anywhere,even put it in the edge
of a picture frame. But it needs access to airflow.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik