Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default Table Saws and Electric Garage Door Opener

On Jan 6, 5:34*pm, "Bill" wrote:
Thank you all for kindly reassuring me about my excess concern over the
garage door opener!

How well should I expect my Craftsman ShopVac (6.5 Peak HP, 16 gal.)
attached directly to the TS to work for DC, compared to a "real" DC? * It
seems pretty powerful (it made easy work of cleaning the gutters on my
house).

I anticipate the TS will be a Grizzly 3HP G-1023 or G-0690.

I had the same ShopVac hooked up to my TS, before buying a true DC.

For me -- using a zero clearance insert -- whether using the vacuum OR
the DC, more sawdust came over the TOP of the TS than anywhere else.
The extraction from the 'cabinet' was pretty good in either case.

Now I see why people build hood thingies for over their blades....

Incidentally, Sears sells a few levels of replacement dry filters for
their Shop Vacs. They seem to be a genuine "get what you pay for" for
dust extraction and air filtration. Higher end = better job.

Lastly, lots of people recommend some sort of chip separation for use
with a Shop Vac. Keeps it from filling/clogging for much longer
periods of time.