Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Motor HP as function of VFD frequency

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 14:15:20 -0600, Ignoramus5111
wrote:

If I run a motor from a VFD at a higher than 60 Hz frequency, it would
decrease its output power. This is all fine, but I would like to see
some graphs as to how much it loses its power if I overspeed it by 2
times (such as running a 1800 RPM motor at 3600 RPM). Does anyone have
a such a graph?

There's no loss in power above 60Hz with a volts/Hz VFD set up
normally. Below 60Hz power is proportional to RPM, above 60Hz power is
constant. In other words, torque is constant below 60Hz, HP is
constant above.

--
Ned Simmons