Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power Cuts?

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:25:21 +0000, Tim W wrote:

Could be a fault or an overload. The fact it comes back in a matter of
seconds is down to the auto-recloser they have on some of the
substations.

Yes, there is an auto-recloser in the line and the "off" time is
about what that does. What made me suspicious is the cuts happening
at the same time on consequative mornings.

We had another couple at 1746 this afternoon, so it might be ice(*)
or a tree drooping under the weight of snow onto the line and getting
blown apart.

(*) After the snow yesterday all the power lines where heavily coated
in snow, insulators the lot.

--
Cheers
Dave.