Posted to uk.d-i-y
... ... is offline

Default TRIVIA: the logic of icicles

On 6 Jan, 15:45, John L wrote:
What's the logic behind this? --

I'm in a semi-detached. I have about a foot of insulation in our loft by
now. I'm willing to bet that my neighbour has 3" or 4" at best. *

On the front of the houses (SOUTH facing) I have loads of icicles:
neighbour has none. *On the back of the houses (north facing) *(yes I
know you could have worked that out but I wanted to emphasise that the
houses are *directly* on an east-west axis), he has LOADS of icicles,
and I have virtually none.

I can't work out what's going on, icicle-forming-wise. *The roofs, by
the way, are respectively heavily covered (mine) and more lightly
covered (his).

Cheers
John

Your gutter leaks at the front and your neighbours leaks at the back.
Simples