Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Tim Streater wrote:

And I may say that the 1963 conditions didn't stop me delivering
newspapers (I had a long round from Crawley up to near Gatwick on the
A23) *or* getting to school (which didn't close). Mind you, to be fair
we had something like 8" on New Year's Day which then took until March
to melt.

In that year, I was courting a girl and we didn't have much money. We
would sit on the wall outside her house and during that winter I would
slip my hand through her coat buttons and caress her breast, well, my
hand couldn't spread to both. People would walk past and didn't know
what we were up to. :-))

Dave