Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

"Dave" wrote in message
news
I have to travel from Preston Lancs. to Portsmouth to bring my wife
back home. I have until Friday night to get her back.

Due to the severe weather we are experiencing and the short time I
have to prepare, can anyone recommend a web site that will be up to
date, quite quickly, on road conditions and closures due to the
weather conditions please?

top posting corrected

Neil wrote:
de-lurk

Oh come on guys

Whilst I realise you lot in the UK think you have more snow than I have
in this bit of Switzerland, it really isn't too hard to get about-ever!

M&S (No, not the shop, just Mud + Snow tyres) will get an ordinary car
most places, add snow chains and everywhere is possible without recourse
to a Chelsea Tractor with the penalties of VED/MPG/CO2 and guilt...

neil

re-lurk

Just where in my post did I mention driving on snow? The journey I will
be making is on major trunk and motorway roads. Snow will not be a
problem on them.

I an far more bothered about road closures and bottlenecks.

I was born and brought up on the Western Pennine hills, so I know what
snow is about. We could get 5 foot drifts overnight there.

Dave