Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Steve Walker wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 13:56:13 +0000, F wrote:

On 06/01/2010 09:14 TheOldFellow wrote:

Where (and when) do you go in a typical British Year to learn
the skills to do this?

Find a large, snow covered, *empty* car park. Easier said than done, I
know, but that's what I was encouraged to do when I learned to drive.

Great fun!

This is a very sensible suggestion. Unfortunately, due to the idiots who
**** about in car parks durng the evenings and nights, the law now treats
car parks to which the public have access (such as supermarket and council
ones) as public highways, so any passing plod looking to improve his stats
can nick you for it. Stupid isn't it?

How on earth can they do that? They are private property. At the worst,
they are only trespassing.

Dave