Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Cicero wrote:

It probably isn't the answer you want to hear and it may sound a bit harsh
but the plain truth is that 500+ mile round trip in the almost universally
bad weather conditions isn't worth it for a birthday party.

Common sense suggests that you should postpone the trip until conditions
improve as it really isn't an 'essential' journey. It might cost you more
than 'an arm and a leg' if you try it.

Unfortunately, she has to be back at work on Monday, so my options are
forget Thursday.

Forget Friday as the roads will be choked up, Saturday morning going
down is a possibility and coming home Sunday morning, but I don't yet
know what the forecast is until later tonight.

Thanks

Dave