Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Dave wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article
,
JimK writes:
On 5 Jan, 20:51, Dave wrote:
I have to travel from Preston Lancs. to Portsmouth to bring my wife
back
home. I have until Friday night to get her back.

I would change your plans.
In my bit of Hampshire, we had 5 inches in 3 hours this evening.
It's slowed down now, but I suspect nothing is going to move for days.

It isn't the snow that bothers me, it is the tailbacks and road
closures. I see the M3 got shut yesterday, one of the roads I have to
use to get to the M27.

I'm going to pack the car with a crappy lappy and my Orange dongle so I
can log on and see what is happening.

Many thanks for the info.

Dave

driving through falling snow is scary,
do you go fast in case there's a huge lorry coming up behind?
or stop and hope there isnt a huge lorry coming up beind?
[g]