Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:14:38 +0000, TheOldFellow wrote:
The HGV mob are not any better at driving in it,
but create bigger blockages.

Hmm, what year was it when the M11/A14 ground to a standstill and lots of
people were stuck there for hours? I was still in the UK then, and have
some nice photos of HGVs - when it was already clear that things were
going to get very ugly - trying in vain to get up an ungritted slip-road
and off the motorway.

A couple had already fallen off the edge of the road (it was one of those
that loops around and goes over a bridge across the motorway) and several
more had simply ground to a halt and were partially blocking the road.

By 8 or 9pm nothing was moving on that entire road - it was
standstill traffic all the way (I knew a route through back-roads, but
could still see the main road)

cheers

Jules