Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:46:23 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:
I remember my secondary school sending everyone home at dinnertime in
December 1986. The heating worked it was just the snow.

The problem there is if it's predicted to fall enough that come time to go
home it's too deep for anyone to come and pick their kids up (or for the
buses to run) - having to keep kids in the school overnight and feed
them all might be a bit of a nightmare.

I've seen them close early once like that over here, but then we did get
about 2' of snow in 12 hours so it was understandable (just about every
business shut early, too)