Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall Adrian Brentnall is offline

Default Power Cuts?

HI Dave

Dave Liquorice wrote:
The last two early mornings we have had a short power cuts, one
yesterday at 01:44:08 and two today at 01:44:55 and 01:45:15 each
time just for a few seconds, long enough to think "oh I need to find
a torch"...

Our power is normally very good but three cuts in the wee small hours
and almost at exactly the same time is suspicious. There have also
been a noticable number of momentary glitchs in the power as well
over the last few days, mainly in the evening, something else we
don't normally have.

Any one else noticing similar things?

We had a rash of these a few months back (in the far S/W of Ireland).
.....just long enough for the PCs to all fall over.

Complained (several times) to the local power people -
who eventually found an intermittent short on the high-voltage supply
line and fixed it.
In the mean time I'd purchased a UPS.... which, of course, has never
been needed g - but I guess it's insurance.

Worth telling your local lekky company about it - got the impression
from the guys out here that these trips / reconnections aren't treated
as high priority unless people complain...

Adrian