Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Router bits for experimenting

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:19:49 -0500, "SBH" wrote:

I would like to purchase a set of fairly decent but cheap router bits to
play around with and determine what I will really want to keep in my stock
on a more frequent basis. I do have some I play with from Rockler and
Woodcraft and some I will continue to use which are the better grades such
as Freud and Whiteside which I can pick up locally. Therefore, can someone
recommend a variety set of bits which won't bust the bank and won't bust at
first use?

I know nothing about these bits and it may be a bait and switch ("100
sets available at this price") for all I know, but PeachTree
Woodworking came out with the following email special today ("use
keycode: bit1"):
http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_010510.htm