Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router bits for experimenting

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:19:49 -0500, "SBH" wrote:

I would like to purchase a set of fairly decent but cheap router bits to
play around with and determine what I will really want to keep in my stock
on a more frequent basis. I do have some I play with from Rockler and
Woodcraft and some I will continue to use which are the better grades such
as Freud and Whiteside which I can pick up locally. Therefore, can someone
recommend a variety set of bits which won't bust the bank and won't bust at
first use?

Thank you

Whiteside is the preferred brand. You'll save money by NOT buying
sets and buying only the bits you currently need. The 1/2" shank
usually costs a little more, but worth it.