Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Neil wrote:

Whilst I realise you lot in the UK think you have more snow than I have
in this bit of Switzerland, it really isn't too hard to get about-ever!

Hmm when I lived in Swissland the Golf Syncro was the most popular car
in the area, despite having a really, really, tiny boot. Put M&S tyres
on it and it would belt up the Jura.

M&S (No, not the shop, just Mud + Snow tyres) will get an ordinary car
most places, add snow chains and everywhere is possible without recourse
to a Chelsea Tractor with the penalties of VED/MPG/CO2 and guilt...

OTOH the nice big cosy 4x4 will keep going when the **** cars are
stacked up at the side of the road. What's guilt?