Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Fields Terry Fields is offline

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Dave wrote:

I have to travel from Preston Lancs. to Portsmouth to bring my wife back
home. I have until Friday night to get her back.

Due to the severe weather we are experiencing and the short time I have
to prepare, can anyone recommend a web site that will be up to date,
quite quickly, on road conditions and closures due to the weather
conditions please?

Dave

Go he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/hi/default.stm

Pick a region that you'll be travelling through, e.g.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/hampshire/hi/

Click on the Live Jam Cams link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/hampshire/travel/jamcams/

Click on a camera. This one in the Portsmouth area looks grim:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/hampshire/webca...=bbc_new_south

Get some mobile broadband so you can check the road ahead when you
stop for a break.

Are you sure you need to travel? Even the trains are giving up.

HTH