Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Harrison Mike Harrison is offline

Default Shelving on a block wall

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:20:45 -0000, "mark" wrote:

I want to put up loads of 'Spur' shelving on a garage wall made of soft
block.
What would be the best fixing type to use?

mark

I spent a while testing various plugs for this a few years ago.
I can't remember the exact plug I ended up using, but the most important thing was to set the plug
deeper than you would in brick, so the top was about half an inch below the surface, which prevents
the surface breaking up as the plug expands..
Choice of plug was dictated by needing to be one that didn't have a significant lip, so it could be
set deep enough.