Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT about driving conditions the week

Neil wrote:
de-lurk

Oh come on guys

Whilst I realise you lot in the UK think you have more snow than I have
in this bit of Switzerland, it really isn't too hard to get about-ever!

M&S (No, not the shop, just Mud + Snow tyres) will get an ordinary car
most places, add snow chains and everywhere is possible without recourse
to a Chelsea Tractor with the penalties of VED/MPG/CO2 and guilt...

they will, IF you can afford to get a set of winter wheels.

In continental Europe, such things are commonly available.

Here they are not.

This is not an annual event for us. In fact I've not seen it like this
since 1963.