Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Gas Heaters in Bedrooms

On 1/5/2010 1:19 PM, terry wrote:

Suggest NOT vent anything into an attic.
Too much chance of problems.
One product of any combustion is water vapour! The last thing one
needs to do is fill up the attic (in a cold climate anyway) with
cooling moisture. Quite a good recipe for mould and rot?
Also combustion may not be complete and/or smelly (fumes).
Make sure any gas burning appliance has a 'source' of combustion air.
You don't want to wake up dead some morning due to the appliance using
up all the oxygen ............ it's happened!
Even in a closed up tent on one occasion!
Nearly happened to our whole family, once, in a camper; when something
was inadvertently left burning overnight!

Good suggestions.

New twist. Our propane company just informed us that it is legal to put
a vented gas heater in a bedroom. However, the will not run a gas line
to it. Huh?