Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Grizzly in Springfield

My stepfather introduced us to a place in Kansas City that's better than
Bass Pro. *It's an outdoors store called Cabellas, and has lots of
impressive static displays of animals as well as a lot of stuff to buy. *
Aquariums, too.

Puckdropper

Cabela's are showing up across the nation, and most of their brand
merchandise is high quality. Our first stop was the Sidney, Nebraska
store which is also the site of their headquarters. That stop was
about 10 years ago and impressive at the time. The KC store is MUCH
bigger...apparently the largest in the chain when built. It is
nestled in with a Big Wolf Lodge and the Kansas Speedway (NASCAR
site). You can drop the entire bankroll and never drive.

The KC static display of trophy deer, in habitat surroundings, is an
eye-opener. Several of them were taken in Kansas. Not bad since you
could barely find a deer here 40-45 years ago.

RonB