Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default remote thermometer ideas?

On Jan 4, 11:07 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 13:32:34 -0800 (PST), JimK wrote:
Would be a *lot* more useful if temp could be checked without going
outside and into barn - any suggestions (and sources) for some sort of
suitable "remote temp gauge"

Plenty of wireless thermometers about but they are generally
enviromental so might not go up to 90C.

One wire sensors are cheap and easy to use, have few and a cheap PC
and log what your heatbank is doing. Inputs outputs etc.

--
Cheers
Dave.

I had a trawl on fleabay and these for e.g. :- itemno 260531949471
look ideal - except I would need to extend the cable to abt 5m - any
comments on whether that would work or would extending cable by 500%
bring other snags into play?

Cheers
JimK