Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Oppie[_5_] Oppie[_5_] is offline

Default Important Health Care Announcement

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Important Health Care Announcement...

Mayo Clinic (Glendale, AZ) announced today that they will no longer
accept future Medicare patients, etc...

http://industry.bnet.com/healthcare/...care-payments/

...Jim Thompson

Was listening to the radio today. I think that it was the substitute for
Rush Limbaugh...
They mentioned the Amish communities that put aside a cash reserve for
health care. When someone needs medical care (at a hospital), they negotiate
a cash price rate. This rate is substantially lower than the normal
insurance rate.

What does this say about another layer of middlemen and bureaucrats that
would only further raise the costs of care when government gets involved?

Obama care aside. It is pretty pathetic that insurance as it is increases
the care provider's costs so. A while back I needed to get an orthotics
device (drop foot brace) for my wife. Surgical supply store quoted something
like $275. I balked but took out my checkbook. The owner thought a minute
and reduced the price by almost 50% since I paid 'cash' and he wouldn't have
to wait for reimbursement.

....Oppie