Posted to alt.home.repair
xparatrooper xparatrooper is offline

Default Major Score

On Jan 4, 7:18*pm, mcp6453 wrote:
My dad passed away in 1998. He loved power tools. Today I was going through the

The plunge mechanism is controlled by a couple of springs trapped in
the plunge mechanism. It is not too big a deal to remove the springs
if you want to mount the router in a table. The trick then becomes
how to "dial in" a specific bit height. You may be better off saving
your pennies for one of those Triton (made in Australia?) routers that
come with the "above the table" bit height crank knob. There are also
good plans online for bit height adjusters that are basically a chunk
of all-thread and a plywood disc.

Make sure to invest in some hearing protection... routers really
scream.

The best router table I have ever had was a replacement wing for my
table saw... I can use the table saw fence for the router, and I
save a whole bunch of space in my shop. The wing was kind of pricey,
but then again so is buying/building a good standalone router table.

Get yourself a good book on routers, or visit the library and check
out a couple. Keep a good grip while using it, they are deceptively
dangerous.

Best of luck!