Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly in Springfield

wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote in
m:

Yep, in-laws live up that way. When we visit, that's one of my
stops.
Also, if you haven't visited Bass Pro in Springfield, you have to go
there -- it is a similar treat only on a much larger scale.

*snip*

My stepfather introduced us to a place in Kansas City that's better than
Bass Pro. It's an outdoors store called Cabellas, and has lots of
impressive static displays of animals as well as a lot of stuff to buy.
Aquariums, too.

I also buy from Cabellas, Phoenix has both Bass Pro and Cabellas. Haven't
been to the Cabellas in Kansas City, but the Bass Pro in Springfield has the
static displays of animals, aquariums that have divers feeding the fish and
cleaning them, and live ducks in one of the pond/stream settings.

Don't know if you've been to the Springfield Bass Pro, if so, then if KC
Cabellas is better, then that is definitely a stop worth making. The other
Bass Pros in other cities are not as impressive as the Springfield HQ
though.

Puckdropper

Rob Leatham