Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default oven temp sensor not working properly (I think)

JJ wrote:
Ugh! I was afraid it might be a little more complicated. I don't
seem to have a wiring diagram. The oven does use a glow-bar. I wish
I could isolate the problem.

I'm hesitant to call a repairman - especially since the problem seems
intermittent and can take a half our or more to present itself (if it
does at all). It may end up costing as much as the oven did
originally. My wife called a repairman for our dryer a little while
back. He replaced a $20 belt in about 5 minutes, that I could have
easily replaced myself. Total charge was over $200.

If anyone else has tips on what I might do to figure this out, I'd
really appreciate it. I'm pretty confident about replacing parts,
though I'd be likely to call in a professional if the repair looked
like it might get too intimate with the actual gas-flow.

Thanks.

-Jonathan

Try www.repairclinic.com. They have some diagnostic stuff that may help.